Sunday, August 3, 2008

All packed and ready to FLY!!!

Yup!! The time has come!!! I've known since February that I would be boarding a plane in August and setting out on an adventure!! February was awhile ago and there wasn't one day that went by that I didn't think of the amazing adventure ahead! I was also asked just about everyday #1 if I'm nervous and #2 how am I going to live without Yosefa!! #1 I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO NOT nervous.. haha maybe I should be?? But there is not one ounce of nervousness! I think it mainly has to do with having moved abroad before and that this time I'm actually going to have a REAL job and I'M MOVING TO EUROPE.. CENTRAL EUROPE for that matter... Nope NOT NERVOUS :-) #2 Yosefa is my TWIN BUT she isn't attached to me.. contrary to what some people may think/feel!! There was a time where I was living in Greece and she was living in Israel and ummm we survived!! Yes we still texted/communicated just about everyday and everyday I missed her of course BUT we went and lived our lives!! It's def. fun to share stories!! I'll be looking forward to her visiting and us continuing our amazing traveling times together!! I LOVE you Yo!!

I've tried to prepare myself for the huge journey although I wish I knew some German!! :-( My family has been speaking some to me.. yes my grandfather, aunt, and dad all know German.. crazy!! Since moving back home from beachy Southern California I have had lots of time to pack.. pack.. re-pack.. and buy odds and ends. I've got 3 suitcases and a big back pack all ready to go.. and yes packed in the car.. I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!! The only thing that I know for sure is that I am being picked up at the airport, then will be taken to my apartment where I will be given some kind of cash advance and THEN my roommate/friend Lindsay will be arriving a few hrs after I get there!! YES I said friend!! About a month and a half ago Lindsay went to the LAST international school job fair and ended up getting a job at the same school as me!! She actually taught at the same English school as me in Greece but arrived 6mts after I left. I met her last year when I went to visit Greece and Italy for a quick spring holiday! We'll be sharing an apt. in the Bornheim district of Frankfurt. Supposedly a nice place where young people live and there are lots of bars and cafes.. I will let you know if that's true!! :-)


Orientation starts Monday, August 11 and will last for 2wks. After that the kids come and the teaching begins!! PLEASE come and visit.. you will have an apt. to stay at and a guaranteed FUN time!!I've been at my parents' house/cabin up in the mountains.. no REALLY the mountains where wild peacocks roam and the country roads are TWISTY.. and scary which I've learned driving at night.. NOT fun!! I was able to see LOTS of friends.. some from college, high school, and even my travels!! SO great to catch up!! Tomorrow my mom and I will be spending the day in Sacramento then meeting up with my dad for our last family dinner and then spending the night at a hotel near the airport to board the plane EARLY Tuesday morning!! So until whenever I get Internet again... I LOVE YOU ALL!! Keep in touch!! And save some $$$ so you can come visit!!! Make sure you check out this site often with my crazy travel stories! ALSO if you have Skype... ADD ME!!! surfrgrl83 or just type in my name Paloma Gilon If you dont know what Skype is.. go to http://www.skype.com/ it's a FREE way to talk to someone over the internet.. just like if you were calling someone on a regular phone!!
Much love and lots of peace and happiness till next time!
** Paloma **

2 comments:

Nat-so-Shy said...

Love it! What an adventure. You best be writin all your experiences - even the naughty ones when they occur.
Lookin forward to Paloms's upcoming blog booklet. ;)
Love you!

)(( hannah mello ))( said...

yessssssssss. gorgeous and yeyyyyyyy. :) !!